- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled & grated
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken
- 1 cup shelled edamame (I used frozen & thawed before cooking)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound snow pea pods, halved on angle
- 1 small bunch of thin scallions, thinly sliced on an angle 2 inch pieces, whites and greens
Heat a large pot of water to a boil of pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Prepare all ingredients and pile them near the stove top. Mix together the stock, Tamari, ginger, orange marmalade, black pepper and hot sauce in a bowl.
Once pasta is dropped, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. When oil smokes add meat and stir fry 2 minutes then add vegetables and stir fry 3 minutes more, add sauce, toss with pasta.
Things I learned from this recipe-
1. ginger root smells sooooooooooo good!
2. i suggest making a second batch of the sauce (minus the chicken stock) and using for a sauce to top with at the end... the sauce is AMAZING and fabulous and i just thought it needed a little more
Topping sauce- 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 inch ginger root (peeled & grated), 1 cup orange marmalade, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp hot sauce
Combine & bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes to thicken