- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika, plus additional for garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 3 cups sharp cheddar, grated, divided
- 2 3-ounce jars of pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Heat a large pot over medium heat with EVOO and butter. Add the onions, garlic, paprika, salt and ground black pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk and hot sauce, and bring up to a bubble. Turn off the heat, and stir in half of the cheese in a figure-eight motion until it's all melted.
When the pasta is done, drain it well and add it to the pot with the cheese sauce. Toss to combine. Fold in the drained pimientos then pour everything into baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is brown and bubbling. Garnish with the chopped parsley and a sprinkle of paprika.
Things I learned from this recipe-
1. i don't like pimentos
2. i don't like pimento & cheese...even in a rachael ray recipe :( boo!
Rating: YUM-o-not ...pimento lovers would probably give it a yum